Some of you may be aware that the White House has put up a site which talks a bit about campaigns to spread “disinformation” about health care reform. They list an email address on the site and ask us all to report those who are spreading such “disinformation” by forwarding emails etc.
I have decided it is my patriotic duty to report myself, my letter follows:
- I have said that if a perfect health care system were available, we could pass a federal law making that our national policy and the administration/congress would find a way to screw that up.
- I have said that administrative issues running a $1 billion program demonstrate the danger of giving the same people control over a $1.6 trillion dollar program.
- I have said that the lack of any form of medical malpractice reform in the legislation is evidence that the bill has been shaped with the help of trial lawyer lobbies who stand to benefit even more if current bills are passed.
- I have told many people in many ways that we need to bypass Washington DC and write a bill that our “representatives” should back. I tell them that is because it is much harder for special interests to buy 300 million people than a couple of hundred politicians.
- I have told them that current bills must lead to rationing, end-of-life pressure on seniors, and access to abortion funding without accountability. I say this is simply a supply-and-demand calculation
- I have told people that, at least the House Resolution 3200, will enshrine “greedy executives” as permanent position holders in a corporatist monopoly and that the bill actually has provisions to prevent a challenge of this.
- I emphasize perhaps most of all that any government that asks citizens to report other citizens’ speech is not to be trusted with matters so important as decisions that must remain between a patient and their doctor.